Friday, January 26, 2024

The race is on

 


I have put a coat of undercoat on nearly all the boat. Still a few bits under the coaming and on top of centreboard case missed. I think I will spring for a new pot of undercoat tomorrow and give it all a good second coat. 

There are still lots of small and some not so small tasks outstanding and i am struggling to stay on top of the details. Today, I needed a couple of pieces of wood on which  to mount the cleats on the cabin top. I found a nice bit of Oregon, sliced it, then remembered I was saving that bit for the top of the centreboard case. Dammit. Not the end of the world, I will have to rip another piece out of another bit I have been saving for ... what exactly I don't know.  I've bought a bunch of rope and nuts and bolts and blocks from Jim  at the Dinghy Shop, who has been incredibly helpful and generous with his time. And he is an agent for Dunbier and is sussing out availability for a trailer as well, another task i need to tackle asap.

I bit the bullet and drilled holes for the outboard bracket. I dare to hope that it might work.

But an engine means registration so I better get cracking on that as well. 

I would really like to get the boat ready for the Paynesville Classic Boat Rally from 1 March if humanly possible. Not too many sleeps till then, and we are going to Walkerville for about 5 days next week, so no more slacking!



No comments:

Post a Comment