Saturday, January 20, 2024

First time

 


Carl, a SCAMP fan and future builder, got in touch via Josh at SCA. He and family, Sarah and Isabelle, came to have a look at progress on Friday.  It was really nice to see the boat through their eyes. The smile says it all!


Sounds like it might be a while before Carl starts to build, but he has been thinking a lot about it and has some interesting thoughts on furling and cabin layout.

Meanwhile, glacial progress continues. I have been fiddling with the mast step and partners. 


Also the oarlock/hiking out seat arrangement, amazing how long you can stuff around on such a minor detail!



 I am waiting on some bits at the Williamstown Chandlers, then I will buy more undercoat and get stuck into painting.  I even ordered some sail numbers. Better get the letters for the name to stick on.  And if I can line up a time with Jim at the Dinghy Shop, I can make a start on rigging. Then there is just the conundrum of getting a trailer ... and rego ... The list still seems endless.

Last week was a reminder that the boat build has a dimension outside just me. A lot of people are interested in progress. Yet another pot of epoxy went off while I was talking to a walk in visitor - but it's nice. I think I will have a long list of people to take out for a sail when "Anjevi" is a going concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment