Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Ark etype

 


Doreen, a lovely lady from the Mauritius, told me "your boat looks like a little ark".  And by golly, she is right, I can't stop seeing it that way now. And I do feel like a sort of Noah.

I should really be sanding and painting the inner compartments, but I couldn't resist trying the 3rd planks. The good news is they fit pretty well. The bad news is I really can't reach the forward compartments that need sanding, epoxying and painting, so I will have to take the planks off again. Oh well, it was a good morale boost.


I temporarily put the seats and the cockpit sole in as well, and proped the cabin sides up, and had a good sit and a think about tasks to be done. Much easier than actually doing them. The challenge of getting the carlins fitted is looming on the horizon. I bought a more powerful table saw, which ripped the pieces ok, but generated a huge amount of sawdust. I am very envious of Campbell's dust extraction machine.  The charred bannister that Harald up the road gave me is a lovely bit of Oregon under the burned bits. I am thinking I will try my hand at making a birdsmouth mast, now I have the machine to cut the staves.

Chris suggested a sail on Monday, which turned out to be a great idea. It was a fantastic Winter's day sail, complete with a fantastic dolphin encounter. I know it will take longer to build the boat if I keep goofing off, but there will be plenty of days when I can't sail, so I am resolved to seize every opportunity.



Chris made a really nice video of the day:











No comments:

Post a Comment