Monday, February 12, 2024

Parallel universes

 


For a while now I have been intermittently reading "Dirty Wet Dog" the blog Steve over in Corwall who has been building a Welsford Pathfinder.  https://dirtywetdog.co.uk

He is a self confessed "Moany Old Bloke", building a Welsford boat, and he has recently acquired a recumbent trike.

Now, think about the ven diagrams of those three characteristics. "Moany Old Blokes" ... well, that's huge,  there's way too many of us out there. Building a Welsford boat, way way smaller ... riding a recumbent trike ... tiny. All three, well that must be vanishingly small. (Here's Oz waiting not so patiently outside the local shop guarding my trike last week, just to prove I really do still use mine!)


Steve has announced he is going to abandon his blog, and that it will vanish into the ether sometime this year, as he is going to put his energy into his YouTube vlog. Which made me think, as reading of his choices often does, about my own, and about this blog.   

The readership of this blog is vanishingly small to non existent... I sometimes wonder if the hits tally is just me rereading posts from time to time. But I rather like it as a sort of digital diary, with all the benefits that diarizing brings, and it does help to give me a sense of what has happened when. I think I will keep it ticking along. And I might restart my YouTube videos when the SCAMP is launched. Having a SCAMP will probably boost my numbers there no end.

Work on the SCAMP has ground to a halt again, thanks to the heat.The local weather station just recorded 37.2 degrees, and there is a searing Northerly blowing that is like being in front of a heat gun. I really don't do so well in the heat these days.



I got down for my swim early this morning, and the wind even then was enough that I was pretty much dry by the time I got home. I got another coat of epoxy on the centreboard, had a think about what I need to do before the centreboard installation crew arrive tomorrow, then had to scuttle inside into the air on and fan cooled sanctuary. Hopefully I can get the necessary jobs done when it cools down a bit. Meantime I can mull over where to put the bling on the boat. Centre? Starboard? Leave it off? 🤔 












No comments:

Post a Comment