Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Top that

 


I finally got the cabin roof on, which really does feel like a milestone. Very nice to have some visible progress after a lot of necessary but difficult to notice tasks like epoxying and painting inside the compartment between #2 and #3.


Maggie and Ozzie have been a huge help on this long and not too exciting stretch of the project.

Meanwhile, a much need morale boost came in the form of the Dinghy Cruising Quarterly Journal #259 which included my article on the Tawe Nunnugah.  The thrill that'll gitcha when you get your picture in the DCA journal is nice. I was hoping for the cover but never mind.


Part of my slow progress is me sloping off to do other things. Peter suggested a sail from Black Rock last week. A long drive over and a solid slog against the wind and current to get to Sandringham. Here is Ozzie at Sandringham dog beach heading off towards a nice older couple in the hope they will rescue him from the trip back.


Chris made the better call and sailed over from Altona, tho Snapper season and nice weather don't make for peaceful boat ramps. He made a very nice video of his sail over, Oz and Derry and I make a brief cameo appearance in there.



Good news is I have picked up since a few weeks back. My genial spirits are reviving. I hope.





No comments:

Post a Comment